Not everyone is a wordsmith. Some guys don’t feel the need to constantly say the phrase “I love you” out loud. You might think he’s just the strong, silent type, but if you’re paying attention, you’ll notice that he’s showing he loves you with his actions, not words.
1. He’s (almost) always paying attention. You can’t expect him to have a perfect memory, but he remembers virtually everything. It’s not just because he has a great memory. It’s because he cares enough to focus on you. He puts his phone down or pauses his movie. You’re not an afterthought.
2. He gets thoughtful gifts. Even if he’s not the best gift-giver in the world, you can at least tell he really made an effort. He pays attention to things you mention, or tries to find something you didn’t even know you needed.
3. He lets you know he’s thinking about you. He might not text you “I love you” but he messages you when he hears that song you had stuck in your head the other day. Or that someone at work used a turn of phrase you hate. You’re always on his mind.
4. He drops everything when you need him most. It’s not even a question. If you need him, for whatever reason, he’s there. He doesn’t drag his feet or complain about it, or remind you later that he helped you out.
5. He notices when something is wrong, even if you don’t mention it first. He knows you well enough to know when you’re not in a great mood, even if you won’t admit it. But also, you should just admit it, since he knows anyway.
6. He puts his hand around your waist and gives it a little squeeze at just the right moments. He knows just when you need a little bit of affection.
7. He tries to get into the things you like and he doesn’t complain. He’s sat through an entire season of The Bachelor. He didn’t come back for the next season, but he tried his best. That’s saying a lot.
8. He leans on you for support. You’re his go-to. You keep his head on straight. He texts or calls you when he feels like walking out of work, or skipping a day at the gym. He trusts you more than anyone.
9. He supports your dreams… within reason of course. He’s not about to let you quit your job so you can move to Spain and try your hand at bullfighting out of the blue, but he absolutely would help you open your own restaurant, or go back to school to major as an engineer. Or… if it made personal sense to you, become a bullfighter.
10. He doesn’t hold a grudge. Sure you might argue, but he isn’t constantly mad at you. Communication is an important part of relationships, and you know that while things might not always be easy, you’re ultimately both willing to put in the effort to fix things.
11. He brags about you. Sometimes you feel like he’s more proud of your new work promotion than you are.
12. You catch him staring at you and smiling to himself. If you’ve ever witnessed that, it’s safe to say he’s crazy about you.