Soldier Leaks Shoot-At-Sight Order, Advises Orlu Residents To Relocate

A yet-to-be-identified Nigerian Army soldier has warned residents of Orlu town in Imo State to either relocate or be vigilant as some personnel had allegedly been given a shoot-at-sight order within the ongoing battle with the Eastern Security Network operatives.

 

The soldier, who spoke pidgin English in an audio obtained by SaharaReporters, added that he wouldn’t perform the plan, and thus , he had been allegedly marked by the military commander to be arrested and possibly killed.

 

Orlu has been a battleground of recent between the military and ESN operatives, with the military saying on Friday that it killed 11 ESN and IPOB operatives during a gun duel.

 

The soldier, who is attached to the 302 Artillery Regiment, Onitsha, Anambra State, warned residents of the town to relocate supported their commander’s alleged order.

 

In the audio obtained by SaharaReporters, the soldier said, “They first carried us (deployed us) to Maiduguri (Borno State). Then, 25 folks came back hoping that the matter was ended. Then they carried us to 302 Artillery, Onitsha. All folks were inside the barracks in Onitsha till 12pm this afternoon.

 

“When the fight led to Orlu, the commander now said anybody we see, we should always fire them.

 

“I beg you, due to God, if your person is in Orlu, from now till Monday, attempt to inform them. Tell them to vary the situation for now. Immediately I left the barracks, the commander said i used to be going bent expose them and confirm they get me and kill me.

 

“See the material that i’m putting on. I didn’t buy these clothes with my money, if you follow this line, i used to be given this cloth and that i have kept my uniform.”

Leave a Reply

Skip to toolbar